Creative Asbury Park Call to Collaboration
January 11 & 12, 2017
Hosted by the Holy Spirit Church, Asbury Park, NJ
Central Question for the Call to Collaboration: How can we work more creatively & collaboratively to build our local economy, strengthen ties across our culturally rich community, and leverage our diverse assets so that all who live, work and play in Asbury Park can benefit from our city’s renaissance?
Thirty-nine different breakout sessions were held during Creative Asbury Park’s convening and topics included:
- A new Mayor’s Youth Council (the result of conversations led by Asbury Park High School students)
- Social service organizations working across industries to bring services to clients in need
- An arts & culture and tourism collaboration between several organizations and groups with plans for a multi-cultural city-wide festival
- The launch of a new Mayor’s Wellness Campaign
- Increasing the number and reach of existing re-entry programs and partnering with like-minded organizations who can help to broaden this service to more people.