Creative Camden Call to Collaboration
March 16 & May 8, 2017
Hosted by the Rutgers University-Camden and the Camden Salvation Army Kroc Center, Camden, NJ
Central Question for the Call to Collaboration: As our city evolves, how can all of us who live and work in Camden collaborate to creatively leverage our assets, ensure accountability from all, fuel economic opportunities for residents, and strengthen our neighborhoods in order to create a safer, prosperous Camden for all?
More than 50 different breakout sessions were held during Creative Camden’s convening and topics included:
- Opportunities to create businesses with a commitment to employ Camden residents
- Collaboration between business and nonprofits to mentor and train youth
- Building healthy relationships between youth returning from detention and their communities
- The pros and cons of gentrification in Camden
- Engaging and empowering community members (all ages) to be actively involved in the burgeoning transformation of Camden.