Creative Elizabeth Call to Collaboration
October 23 & 24, 2014
Hosted by the First Presbyterian Church, Elizabeth, NJ
Central Question for the Call to Collaboration: How do we work more creatively and innovatively to draw upon Elizabeth’s historic greatness and ethnically-rich culture to maximize its assets and ensure a dynamic future?
Twenty-four different breakout sessions were held during Creative Elizabeth’s convening and topics included:
- Move from segregated tolerance of one another to respectful appreciation of cultural diversity
- Educate families on the importance of early literacy – ages birth to 3 years
- Acknowledge and create an inclusive environment for the undocumented and day-laborers of Elizabeth
- Develop/enhance a culture where the use and continued learning of native language is promoted and valued as a social asset?
- Utilize branding and networks to communicate the services and projects in Elizabeth