Creative Skylands Call to Collaboration
June 1 & 2, 2015
Hosted by the Growing Stage: The Children’s Theatre of NJ, Netcong, NJ
Central Question for the Call to Collaboration: How can we be more innovative in strengthening the connectivity of our people and places to promote our unique assets, drive sustainable economic development, and invigorate the Skylands region?
Thirty different breakout sessions were held during Creative Skyland’s convening and topics included:
- Bridging the generation gap by restoring the connection between young adults and the seniors in our community
- Using the arts as an economic engine for communities and the region
- Defining the region’s brand and how to save, promote and leverage agriculture, agri-business and agri-tourism
- How to reach the underserved population to gain healthcare in the region
- Connecting the disabled community to housing, employment and recreation
More about the Skylands: The Skylands region, also known as the New Jersey Highlands, is a unique section of our state: The Skylands region encompasses multiple State and National Parks, lakes, working farms, and wineries. Historic attractions and resorts pepper the rich landscape, which also provides clean drinking water to over 5.4 million people – more than half of the State’s population.